Creativity and a fresh start


 

Have you ever felt that you've been stuck in a creative loop for weeks, months...years?  If you have, then you know exactly how I've been feeling for a very long time. I am not sure how I got stuck in this loop but stuck I am and no matter what I seem to do to change things I just can't seem to make the leap to being un-stuck. 

I've taken countless creative-focused classes, I follow inspiring accounts on IG, I read beautiful magazines, I get out in nature as much as I can and yet I simply don't have the energy to actually create anything. I stopped and start, stop and start constantly. It's as if my mind has so much going on inside that it just can't settle on any one thing.  So...I take breaks.  I limit my screen time. I try to get enough sleep but nothing really seems to help. 

But I am not giving up. To that end I am embarking on a creative journaling challenge. Inspired and encouraged by Kim Klassen and her Creative Journaling class I am using the tools/worksheets she's provided to journal one line a day for 31 days. Kim initially challenged class participants to start on July 11th but due to my schedule I just knew that date wouldn't work for me. So, better late than never I'm officially starting tomorrow!


I really am looking forward to a fresh start. It's been too long since I felt any joy in creating. 


 


Comments

  1. I've been in the same "stuck" place too. Nothing has helped. I've even put off doing the lovely journal pages Kim has provided. Maybe I'll try that. Reading your post has given me a much needed nudge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, it's so good to know I'm not the only one! I figure I'll take each day as it comes and hope for the best.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts