A manifesto and a word.

Here we are on the last evening of 2013. As I look back over the year I know that despite the challenges it was a good year. I am surrounded by my family whom I love and who love me.  I have my health and home. I have friends that laugh with me and encourage me. 
And, as I've done for the past few years, I have a Word for 2014. A little word. A word of intention. A word of purpose. A word of reminder. 
BREATHE
A reminder to breathe when things get tough.  A reminder to breathe in and exhale out when I want to scream. A reminder to slow down and breathe in the beauty that surrounds me; the beauty that oftentimes I fail to see in the rush of the day. A reminder to not stress over the little things or the big things; that there is a purpose in everything. 
In years past I have worn my word on a chain: Embrace, Grow, Simplify. This year I wrote a manifesto to place in my home where I can see it everyday, several times a day.  A visual reminder for myself and perhaps those I love and with whom I live. 





Comments

Popular Posts