Cherries and thoughts of summer


 originally uploaded by Lolafalola.


My late mom's bowl in all its blue, vintage loveliness. Holding what I consider to be one of summer's most wonderful gifts. Cherries. Rainier Cherries to be exact. The embodiment of summer: Sweet. Juicy. To be savored as even summer should be. But not this year. Not this summer. This summer has been hard. Chaotic. BUSY. Fitful. Not to be savored. I want it to be over.  I want to put it behind me.  And yet, I don't.  Once it is gone there is no chance of having that sweet juicy rest I so desire. As long as I hold on to summer; as long as I keep autumn at bay then the possibility of rest is still there.  So, for now, I accept this summer of busy knowing that the chaos can't last forever.  Quiet will come again. 

Comments

Popular Posts